Tuesday, November 4, 2008

New Nazi (Govt. of Burma) made Rohingya kids into Street Beggar

21ST Century Nazi (SPDC Govt. of Burma) made Rohingya kids into Street Roses (Street Boy Beggar) in big city of Bangladesh (Chittagong)

By Faisal Alam

I was walking in the street in Chittagong on September 18, I saw some boys and girls sitting together on the roadside, a boy came to me and asking for help and told me, “I’m hungry sir; I haven’t take food for long time”. I asked several question to that group of kids in big city of Bangladesh (Chittagong). In the Muslim’s holy month of Ramadan people come from different part of the country for Zakat and financial help from rich people. The Same way, some Rohingya families from Arakan State or Burma-Bangladesh border area come to this city for help. From those border areas, some are living in unregistered Refugee camp and some are living in the rural are with local people.


Street Rose 1
Imran Hassan
Age - 4 years
Mother’s name - Anu Foir
(Buthidaung, Arakan,
Burma)
(Born in Tal, live in Tal,

Teknaf, Bangladesh)
Came at Ramadan 4 (5th September)

Imran is clever and so sharp then other street roses, he don’t have cloth on top of his body. He said he is hungry please help me sir. He then told me his average daily income near 100 Taka, but 40 Taka goes on two time rice and rest of the money, he saving for one shirt, which is 300 Taka. It is not possible to us as our father is no longer, we have to live there.
And its so hard In Big city to live there here we live in island and foot passage of street. My mom and me beg and will save some money for the next year.





Street Rose 2
Md. Ilias
Age - 4 years
Mother’s name -Anjuman Ara
Father’s name -Abu Samad
(Naitad Dil
Maungdaw, Arakan,
Burma)
Came at Ramadan 4 (5th September)

Ilias came from mainland Arakan, Burma. He told me about border crossing, by paying bribe to the Border Security Force (Nasaka) and their agent. Some 15-17 families cross the border on 4th Ramadan to Chittagong. He is begging with a box with his 12 years brother. They are not clever and don’t know how to beg too and very new in this profession. They told me, the people inside Burma, haven’t money because of inflation in Burma and blocked on Muslim trader (Govt. all kind of movement restriction), so we are refused by all door. 1 BD Taka conversion rate is 15 Kyats, so it’s helpful for us. Our firm land is taken by Border Security Force (Nasaka) and also less employment in inside Arakan, Burma. So we are in need food and cloth basic rights. We are helpless to this work. He then told me his average daily income near 80 Taka.


Street Rose 3
Dil kais
Age - 5 years
Mother’s name -Aziza
Brother Salim Khan
Age - One and half year
(Naitad Dil

Maungdaw, Arakan,
Burma)
Came at Ramadan 4 (5th September)

Dil kais came from mainland Arakan, Burma too. She told me about border crossing, by paying bribe Border Security Force (Nasaka). They are also same group of Ilias. She is begging with her brother Salim Khan (Age One and half year). She is also not clever and don’t know how to beg too and very new in this profession. She told me same problem they are facing inside Burma and from same village and same town.
We are helpless to this work. She then told me her average daily income near 50 Taka. She will buy a dress for her brother.


I was thinking our one-cup of cappuccino can feed this one kid one day. I’m so shocked Rohingya kids became Street Roses (Street Beggar). This problem created by Burmese Military Junta. Junta’s Human right violation, seizing land, resettling of Natala villagers (model villager by SPDC) and more taxation on trading (Rohingya Traders). And also problem in Rohingya Refugee Camp.

No comments: